Chap. 5 Review
Hour 1 2 3 4 5
2. Material in the space between the nucleus and cell membrane.
3. Cell that does not have a nucleus.
5. Diffusion of water molecules across a selectively permeable membrane.
6. Sac-like structure that stores materials for use by the cell.
7. Group of tissues that perform a specific function.
8. Group of similar cells that perform similar functions.
9. Structure that changes food energy into compounds that can be used by the cell.
13. Protective and supportive structure that surrounds the cell membrane in plants, algae, and some bacteria.
15. Structure that converts solar energy into chemical energy.
17. Structure in which proteins are made.
1. Membrane bound structure that contains digestive enzymes.
2. Structure that houses the cell’s genetic information.
3. Plant structure that stores food and pigments.
4. Cell that has a nucleus.
10. Basic unit of structure and function in living things.
11. Tiny structure that performs a specialized function in a cell.
12. Movement of molecules from areas of higher concentration to areas of lower concentration.
14. Large dark structure that contains the chromosomes.
16. Two-letter abbreviation for the network of channels inside the cell.
Identify the following cell organelles:
2. 7. 12. (green) .
3. 8. 13. (stores starch) .
4. 9. 14. .
5. 10. 15. .
17. The scientist who stated that all animals are composed of
18. The first microscope was developed by .
19. The scientist who saw the first cell and named it. .
20. A solution in which the concentration of solute is greater on the outside of the cell. .
21. A cell organelle that is composed of Nucleic Acids. .
22. A cell organelle that regulates what goes in and out of a cell. .
23. A word that means “process of cell eating”. .
24. A solution in which the concentration of solute is equal inside and outside of the cell. .
25. How close together molecules are in a substance determines the substances .
26. Which term includes the other three? Nucleolus Organelle Chromosome Chloroplast
27. Proteins are produced at the .
28. What form of cell movement pumps Na+ across cell membranes of body cells? .
29. A hypotonic solution would cause a cell to .
30. What organelle is represented by the little green circles in the Elodea? .
31. Membranes are composed of .
32. What is the function of protein in the cell membrane? .
33. What is the function of carbohydrates in the cell membrane? .
34. State the three parts of the cell theory.
35. Facilitated diffusion is a form of
36. A stack of sacs used to collect, modify, and distribute materials throughout the cell. .
37. If solute concentration is higher on the inside of the cell compared to outside, water moves .
38. Two structures plant cells have that animal cells do not. .